Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy/paste user name mentions within a page?

Nick Fifield November 29, 2021

Hi,

We are using confluence to plan meetings for the week. We tag the bullet points with user name mentions. I want to copy/paste these mentions, to save a lot of time. However, when i paste the mentions they render as plain text. How can this be resolved?

Thanks. 

2 answers

0 votes
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2021

Hi @Nick Fifield

does it work if you switch into the edit mode for the old page and copy the user mentions from there? This works for me 😏

As an alternative, you could create a page template which contains all the user mentions you'd like to have in there. I guess that only works if your group of people is rather consistent.

Cheers,
Matthias.

Nick Fifield December 7, 2021

so i am editing the page which is displayed within MS teams. That facility is not present, and even if worked, is too impractical for my needs. 

0 votes
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2021

@Nick Fifield unfortunately when you copy and paste in Confluence, you are copying and pasting the text, not the code. Since the @ mention is a function that lies in code in Confluence, it cannot be easily copied and pasted. 

I have similar use cases and needs, but the only way I have resolved to handle this is by leaving in the text and just typing over it with a new @ mention.

Sorry I could not help more.

Nick Fifield December 7, 2021

this is what we are presently doing, which is taking most of the meeting. crazy. 
@mention work fine is you only need to mention 1-2 people, but if its lists of people ... you are screwed. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events