Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy and paste entire page containing Page Layout sections

Aaron Borkovec May 14, 2015

What I'm trying to do:

• I'm building a new page "template" (not a literal space template fyi) to use for documentation.  This page template contains sections created with the Page Layout functionality.
  • I create a copy of this "template" page and update it with the information from the old documentation, but now formatted in the new desired way.
  • I then want to copy and paste this new layout into the old page, so as to preserve the page revision history (I don't want to delete the old page and replace it with this new one).

I haven't had any luck in figuring out how to do this.  Anyone know how this can be accomplished?

Confluence 5.7.3

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2015

If you have or can install the Source Editor, copying the entire source from your new page and pasting it into the old should work.  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.editor.confluence-source-editor

0 votes

Thanks, might be a possibility.

Did Atlassian not build any sort of way to do this natively?

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2015

Atlassian did build the source editor.

It's still a separate plugin that needs to be downloaded, installed, and maintained. It's not something built in to Confluence, regardless of who created it. So my question still stands - did Atlassian not build in any sort of way to do this natively?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events