How to control Confluence comment visibilty

Ben Fischler July 9, 2015

Hi awesome Atlassian Confluence people!  We're using Confluence for user docs and wondering how (if) we can set permissions on comments so the comments are only visible to admin users and not the general public.  Right now it seems it's on/off with comments and everyone can see them regardless.

Many thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2015

In Confluence Admin -> Look and Feel -> Layouts you can edit the comments layout template. You can put some velocity around the section that displays the comments that will only render it for admins.See the screen show below for the part to put the velocity around. And see the code block for what to put around it. I think that should get you what you want.

#if($permissionHelper.isConfluenceAdministrator($remoteUser))
 .... screenshot code here
#end

image2015-7-9 13:24:51.png

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2015

Oh, wait I just saw that your are on the cloud offering. I'm not sure if you can edit the layout of the cloud offering. If you can then this would work, otherwise I think you are out of luck.

Ben Fischler July 9, 2015

I'm a relative newb to Confluence and AFAIK we're running the cloud flavour. I was sent this to look into as well: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ConfCloud/Assign+Space+Permissions

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2015

Yeah, by default the only perms that are available is create and delete perms. Everyone have view access as long as they can view the page. In order to remove view access from everyone except admins you need to be able to edit the velocity decorator. I'm not sure if cloud can do that or not, but my hunch is not.

Like Linda Andrejchyshyn likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events