Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Confluence logging to prevent multiline events?

Enrique Cadalso March 15, 2013

Hi,

I need Confluence to log events in one line, not multiline events. Confluence logs span across multiple lines. Default ConversionPattern setting in "...\confluence\WEB-INF\classes\log4j.properties" is

log4j.appender.confluencelog.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %p [%t] [%c{4}] %M %m%n

Where m% is

"Used to output the application supplied message associated with the logging event"

This means newlines are already inside the %m, supplied by Confluence, so no way to configure this in log4j properties.

Is there any way to prevent Confluence from logging events in multiple lines?

Is there any configuration file/setting where the format of the "application supplied message" can be formatted to use only one line?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2013

Hey Enrique,

There is no one place to configure that. You would have to download the source and rewrite every single error message to meet your needs.

Cheers,
Boris

Enrique Cadalso March 16, 2013

Hi Boris,

That sounds like bad news to me. I was trying to use Hyperic log tracking but Hyperic just ignores multiline events, so not very useful, as user name, referrer, page and action fields are in the second line of a multiline event. I suppose I can look for a a solution somewhere else but I believe this could be a useful configuration option.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Cheers, Enrique.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events