How to check who import/restore the space in confluence 6.13

Fayaz Abdul October 29, 2019

Hi team,

Just to know as Question, "How to check who import/restore the space in confluence 6.13?"

Please help me out from this ASAP.

Thanks

Fayaz

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2019

The system does not record that information.  Unless you are importing from a system with different users, in which cases, the pages will be owned by the importer, rather than the author who isn't in the target system

Heth Siemer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2019

I agree that the system does not record the importer information at all, however, I think the last half of the statement is potentially incorrect.

Pages and spaces do NOT become owned by the importer (at least in 6.13.8).

When we did our migration this past week from one Confluence instance to another, the users who create or edited pages were ported over as "unknown user" as well as displayed what the user's username was in the other instance and the last modified date. Permissions wise, if no user mapping is done, they simply will not show up in permissions and potentially leave an imported space with no users or admins at all.

An example of the info on a page we moved from the old instance to our new one:

cuscare.png

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2019

I apologise, you are absolutely right. 

The last time I did a migration myself, it was a 6.4ish version, and more importantly, had significant customisations.  Including something that deliberately set the page author on import.

That is an explanation of why I'm wrong, but not an excuse, because I should have checked before I said that stuff about ownership.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 29, 2019

Hi @Fayaz Abdul ,

Confluence system administrators will be able to import and restore the space.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/restoring-a-space-152036.html

Thanks,

Avinash

Fayaz Abdul October 29, 2019

Hi @Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_ 

I want to check someone import/restores the space in confluence, i want to know who did this?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events