How to check if a Confluence user is local or AD?

Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2014

I've been trying to work out a way of differentiating between a local Confluence user and one that is added via AD but no getting anywhere.

I need to be able to add different options to the certain user profile pages post login, for example updating passwords and user details - depending on which type of user they are.

Has anyone done something similar?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2014

Hi Steve,

As far as I know, if you go to the user profile you'll be able to spot if the user comes from a internal directory or a LDAP directory. You can also spot this information from a database query:

SELECT cu.id, cu.user_name, cd.directory_name FROM cwd_user cu
join cwd_directory cd on cu.directory_id = cd.id
where cu.active = 'T';

This query will show you the active users from confluence and from which directory name they come from.

As for scripting, that might be possible with a custom authenticator however it will require some development on the way probably.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events