It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to change the page author in Confluence Cloud?

I'd like the change the author of a page to better reflect the ownership of a page.

There's a few questions about this but they seem to be old and don't relate to Confluence Cloud.

Is there a way?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hello John and welcome to Community!

There actually is a recent question about it: Is there a way to change the creator of a page on Confluence Cloud? .

Hope this helps,

- Manon

Like # people like this

Just so I’m clear, Atlassian provides a SaaS to a huge number of global enterprises, is itself a public company with a market cap of almost 40 billion dollars, and does not support a method to change Confluence page creators?

For companies that have experienced staff changes (ie all companies), the solutions is “just ignore the name of that person that is no longer with your company who authored all the pages”?

I just ran across this issue as well due to staff changes.   Need to update the page creator information --- I find that unreasonable that one cannot do this.   I can change ownership of Jira projects, but not pages created on Confluence?

Like Rosa Guthrie likes this

A work around could be to get the new owner to copy the page and delete the old one.  Painful, but you will get the result you are looking for.

I've had to use the "copy page" approach when I have truly needed to do this, but have always assumed it is locked down / not changed, as that is the person that truly created the page (irrespective of employment status, staff changes, etc.). Probably for the same reasons you wouldn't change the user / date timestamp (created by) on a database record. Just guessing...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

8,196 views 6 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you