How to change the attachment storage to database?

Hunter
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 2, 2018

Hi there,

due to security reasons I want to store all attachments in the external database. In the Attachment Storage Options the database option is not selectable.

storage.JPGIs there another way to migrate the attachments to the external database? I'm running Confluence 6.10 connected to a Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Standard databse.

Greetings,

Marco

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Igor M.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2018

Hello,

Storing attachments in dataBase was only supported and possible with up to Confluence version 5.4. After that attachments storage in DB has been depreciated, see Attachment Storage Configuration. If you have security concerns about storing attachment on the disk I would suggest implementing encryption instead. as long as Confluence is able to access files there will be no problem with that.

Regards

Igor

Hunter
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 2, 2018

Hello Igor,

I expected to hear that. Thank you for your reply and the clearance. 

Regards,

Marco

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events