How to change the Confluence system date?

Varsha Muzumdar July 26, 2017

The time shown by confluence server in system settings is ahead of my regional time zone. When I change this time-zone to my regional time under Settings->Users->ViewSettings anc change time zone to PST it still does not get updated in system settings. How can I change my system date and time-zone so that the uptime property in settings is 0?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2017

If your host is in a different timezone than your main organization, you can change the JVM parameters to specify your organization's timezone as the default.

Example of this is:

-Duser.timezone=Europe/Sofia

Varsha Muzumdar July 27, 2017

In which file should I be adding this parameter?

Like Andrey Shevchenko likes this
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2017
Nguyen Tran
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2017

When I change the timezone using this method, the editor stopped working. It shows "The editor is taking too long to load ... " message. Any idea why?

Shai Dahan April 25, 2022

You probably have added the wrong line in setenv.sh file
I also came across this issue with the error message

"This page is taking longer to load than usual. Give it a few moments, then try refreshing.

when I've mistakenly added the bellow line in the file:

CATALINA_OPTS="-Duser.timezone=Europe/London"

instead of

CATALINA_OPTS="-Duser.timezone=Europe/London ${CATALINA_OPTS}"

I've tested this in our staging and production systems after correcting the line in the file and it works as expected.
Hope it helps

Like Marcelo da Costa likes this
1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 26, 2017

The system time is taken from the host, isn't it? 

Varsha Muzumdar July 27, 2017

It did not ask me for it while setting up confluence

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events