How to change the Confluence system date?

The time shown by confluence server in system settings is ahead of my regional time zone. When I change this time-zone to my regional time under Settings->Users->ViewSettings anc change time zone to PST it still does not get updated in system settings. How can I change my system date and time-zone so that the uptime property in settings is 0?

2 answers

1 accepted

If your host is in a different timezone than your main organization, you can change the JVM parameters to specify your organization's timezone as the default.

Example of this is:

-Duser.timezone=Europe/Sofia

In which file should I be adding this parameter?

Nguyen Tran Community Champion Aug 29, 2017

When I change the timezone using this method, the editor stopped working. It shows "The editor is taking too long to load ... " message. Any idea why?

1 vote
Steven Behnke Community Champion Jul 26, 2017

The system time is taken from the host, isn't it? 

It did not ask me for it while setting up confluence

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,803 views 26 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you