How to change macro name showing in list of suggested macros?

AustinS January 24, 2018

Anyone know how to change the customized macro name in the list of suggested macros (dropdown menu), which will be called by type "{" and the macro name?

I've tried add key/value pair on .properties file, like "groupid.artifactid.macroname.label = new macro name" , but not working.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot :-)

Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 5.04.51 PM.png

1 answer

1 vote
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2018

Most macros are part of Confluence system plugins or third party add-ons. You would have to modify the plugin code to change the name that appears in the macro browser. Every time you upgrade you would need to do it again.

If the macro name you want to change is a User Macro, you may change it at Confluence Admin>User Macros>Macro Browser Information>Macro Name.

AustinS January 25, 2018

Thanks Ann. I made it by changing the macro name in atlassian-plugin.xml file.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2018

That is very cool, thanks for following up! I am hoping you can help out the next person with the same use case by posting as an answer under Suggest an Answer: what tool you used to edit the .xml file, and how you modified it to change the macro name?

Then either accept your answer (checkbox) or I can accept it. That way, when people search in Google it will show as solved and people who click on it will be able to see just how you did it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events