Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change floating footer to a static footer?

Rusty Newton August 16, 2012

We are using Confluence 3.5.X with the "Documentation" theme.

Is there an option I'm overlooking for changing the floating footer "Powered by Atlassian.." (floats at the bottom of the browser view) to a static footer?I'd like the footer to stay at the bottom of a given page (that is, the bottom of the actual page, not the browser view) rather than floating with the view and decreasing the browser viewing area?

If not, can someone suggest point the way to a wiki page or documentation describing which files would be the proper ones to edit to add a static footer on every page and remove the floating footer?

I found a few pages on the Confluence wiki, but they seem to point to how to edit the text of the floating footer.

2 answers

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 6, 2012

For a quick and nasty JavaScript hack, this will move the footer to the end of the page content ...

Browse to Confluence Admin | Look & Feel | Custom HTML

In At the end of the HEAD, paste:

<script>
  AJS.toInit(function() {
    AJS.$('body.theme-documentation #theme-footer').after(AJS.$('#footer'));
    AJS.$('#splitter, #splitter-sidebar, #splitter-content').css('height','100%');
  });
</script>

It doesn't handle page resizes, so the CSS fix will need to be reapplied on each resize.

Vladimir Alexiev October 9, 2012

This has no effect in confluence 3.5.3

Rusty Newton February 17, 2013

I forgot to post that this didn't work for me either. Tried in Confluence 3.5.17. Followed your instructions. No visible change in Firefox or Chromium. I've pretty much given up for an easy fix at this point.

Rusty Newton September 5, 2012

Thanks for the link, but this is not the issue I'm having. The footer is behaving properly and floating at the bottom of the browser view. I'd like the footer to be static and stay at the bottom of the "page" , not the "browser" view.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events