How to change default group on confluance

I want that a user can only read the articles when he first joins our confluance space.

I created the group but I don't know how to set it to default.

Thank you for taking your time to help me.
But in my case I don't want confluance-users to be default.
I want Confluance-readers to be default.

or

Change the name of confluance-users to confluance-readers,
But this is restricted.

2 answers

Hi Jelle,

Did you ever find out the answer to this question?

(I have a similar requirement, which cannot be addressed using the methods suggested below by Bruno.)

Thanks.

0 votes

Hi Jelle,

There are two default special groups in Confluence: confluence-administrators and confluence-users. Aside from that, you can achieve all sorts of configurations, depending on your specific use case. I recommend you take a look at this article. Let me know what is your use case in case the article is insufficient.

Regards,

Bruno

P.S.: the use case was not available when I first saw the question. smile I believe the following article may also help you: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-restrictions-139414.html

If you are a confluence-administrator, who is:-

1) Already aware of how to manage groups and set page restrictions;

2) Still wants to change the default group upon account creation to, say. confluence-temp or something;

Then how does one go about doing this?

Is is a setting in the console or internal directory? Does it require editing some wiki markup, or changing a line of java code somewhere?

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,169 views 20 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you