How to change default group on confluance

Jelle Poelmans December 3, 2015

I want that a user can only read the articles when he first joins our confluance space.

I created the group but I don't know how to set it to default.

Thank you for taking your time to help me.
But in my case I don't want confluance-users to be default.
I want Confluance-readers to be default.

or

Change the name of confluance-users to confluance-readers,
But this is restricted.

2 answers

1 vote
Christopher Jones February 11, 2016

Hi Jelle,

Did you ever find out the answer to this question?

(I have a similar requirement, which cannot be addressed using the methods suggested below by Bruno.)

Thanks.

0 votes
Bruno Raymundo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2015

Hi Jelle,

There are two default special groups in Confluence: confluence-administrators and confluence-users. Aside from that, you can achieve all sorts of configurations, depending on your specific use case. I recommend you take a look at this article. Let me know what is your use case in case the article is insufficient.

Regards,

Bruno

P.S.: the use case was not available when I first saw the question. smile I believe the following article may also help you: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-restrictions-139414.html

Christopher Jones February 6, 2016

If you are a confluence-administrator, who is:-

1) Already aware of how to manage groups and set page restrictions;

2) Still wants to change the default group upon account creation to, say. confluence-temp or something;

Then how does one go about doing this?

Is is a setting in the console or internal directory? Does it require editing some wiki markup, or changing a line of java code somewhere?

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events