It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to change dashboard owner

Alex Netkachov Oct 19, 2011

I've created dashboard for project and how want another user edit it eigher by changing ownership, author or by sharing it. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Alex

4 answers

5 votes
JamieA Oct 19, 2011

There is a built-in script Change dashboard or filter ownership in the script runner plugin, although I think I noticed this was possible in 5.0. Not sure though.

3 votes
Michele Grimm Mar 23, 2014

In JIRA 6.2

> User Management > Shared Dashboards

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Shared+Dashboards

Ryan O Sullivan May 01, 2015

perfect

1 vote
Kristin Bitler May 09, 2018 • edited

Updating to current: > System > Shared Dashboards, find the dashboard to be edited, change owner from the cog on the right.

Ulrich Agricola Feb 04, 2019

As for Jira 7.5.3, I can't see Administration | System | Shared Dashboards, but only Administration | System | System-Dashboard.

If I open a dashboard other than System-Dashboard, there ist no Edit Dashboard in the ... menu.

Thus I cannot change/edit any Dashboard other than System-Dashboard.

Regards

Uli

Ulrich Agricola Feb 04, 2019

Solved.

Its a Jira-Server, so go to Boards | View all. Go to "..." and delete or open your own board and edit.

Sorry to bother.

Regards
Uli

0 votes
Jo-Anne MacLeod Oct 19, 2011

4.0 will now allow you to do that. In the past I have gotten around it by creating a 'generic' account, and anyone who needs to manage the dashboard logs into that account and makes the appropriate changes.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence CVEs and common questions

Two vulnerabilities have been published for Confluence Server and Data Center recently: March 20, 2019 CVE-2019-3395 / CVE-2019-3396 April 17, 2019 CVE-2019-3398 The goal of this article is...

893 views 0 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you