How to capture subtasks in product requirements blueprint

Lars Böhnke June 7, 2017

Hi there! I'm struggling a little bit with how to capture requirements in the Confluence blueprint. We are a website where nonprofits can submit projects which then can be performed voluntarily by creatives from the areas of design, communication and digitization.

I have created an epic for our project feature which is like "As a non profit I would like to submit projects'. Currently we have only one project type. We want to develop two new: phone consulting projects where creatives can help the non profit via phone and question projects where creatives can give text answers to specific questions.

Do I have to create two user stories?

1. As a non profit I want to submit phone call projects
2. As a non profit I want to submit question projects

And the specific tasks (creating dashboard view, new filter feature for new project types, administration view, ability to submit comments to question projects etc.) as sub-tasks? Or are the sub-tasks own user stories?

But how do I capture sub-tasks on the Confluence blueprint? And was I wring creating such an epic 'Projects' because its not really an epic? Read quite some Atlassian stuff etc. and the concept sounds clear but when implementing it, I really don't know whats a user story and whats a task.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 14, 2017

Learn scrum with JIRA Software will help you configure JIRA the way you want to for your projects, and define the different agile terms.

For the Confluence question, you can display sub-tasks by using a JQL filter in a JIRA Issues macro. My Epic and my sub-task are the only issues in my project so the JQL was easy to display both, I just used "project = SCRUM":

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 1.26.17 PM.png

As an aside, I think the project you are working on sounds like it will be very useful to society. Thank you for that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events