Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to calculate change percentage in pivot table and show on chart

emagnun May 24, 2021

Hello,

I have a table that has products sold on yearly basis. 
table.JPG

Below is my chart and pivot table generated from the table. As you can see product-A increased from 1 to 2 (100% increase) between FY2019 and FY2020. How do I get to show this change % in the chart ??? Similarly, Product-B has 50% decrease (2 to 1) between FY2019 and 2020.  How to do I display that information in my chart and pivot table?

count.JPG

1 answer

1 vote
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2021

Hi @emagnun ,

You may try the following: create a sequence "your table <- Pivot Table <- Table Transformer <- Chart from Table".

Mon 1-1.png

And set your macros as it is shown on the screenshots:

Pivot Table macro

Mon 1-2.png

Table Transformer macro

Mon 1-3.png

SELECT T1.'Product Type', T1.'Count FY2019', T1.'Count FY2020',
ROUND((T1.'Count FY2020'*100/T1.'Count FY2019' - 100), 2) AS 'Growth, %'
FROM T*

Mon 1-4.png

Chart from Table macro

Mon 1-5.png

It seems that the result is pretty close to your case, hope it helps.

emagnun May 24, 2021

Thank you.

However, this exactly doesn't suit my needs. I would like see this from FY perspective in the X axis. 

Is it possible to view the growth as something like this??? 

growth.png

Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2021

I'm afraid that such custom graph where you show both absolute numbers and percent of growth in comparison with the previous period is not possible within our macro.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events