Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to bypass Okta authentication for internal and service accounts in Confluence

Edited

Hi All,
I integrated Okta with Jira and Confluence but in Confluence I am not able to skip Okta authentication but in Jira I am able to do so
Confluence server version is 7.4.17

I used below block in both Jira and Confluence config file "okta-config-jira.xml", but in confluence it is not working

<spGroups>
<groupname>allow-password-login</groupname>
</spGroups>
Please let me know for any further details

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi Balvant, 

Apparently the configuration to bypass SAML authentication is different in Confluence, here is the full documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/enable-default-login-page-to-bypass-saml-in-confluence-data-center-957972845.html

The Okta documentation is here: https://help.okta.com/en-us/Content/Topics/Apps/Apps_Using_the_Confluence_On_Premises_SAML_App.htm

The name of the config file for Confluence should be: okta-config-confluence.xml

I hope this helps. 

Cheers,
Dam. 

Hi Dam,
Thanks for quick reply and appreciate help
For us fallback URL is working for all users and service accounts even without any configuration in Confluence

Our requirement is to allow only internal or service accounts to by pass Okta and remaining all actual users accounts should follow Okta

In Jira we used "allow-password-login" group and added all internal and service accounts it and all these are able to bypass Okta so we need same in Confluence

Our requirement is to allow only internal or service accounts to by pass Okta and remaining all actual users accounts should follow Okta

Oh ok I see... after digging a bit more into all Atlassian or Okta documentation I can't find anything to help you to do this kind of setup which is a bit weird I have to admit cause it's working for Jira. 

As you pay for your Confluence Server licence I guess, I would suggest to contact Atlassian support cause really I can't find anything in existing docs... 

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Sorry about that, I tried at least... 

Cheers,
Dam. 

Its ok Dam.
Thanks for trying and appreciate your quick response

Like Dam likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

200 views 1 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you