How to bulk move child pages to new parent?

Jim Coates July 16, 2012

I had a page get corrupted and had to hard delete it from the database. I copied it before I did and wish to have its children moved to the copy. I ran the following SQL but it did not seem to change the heirarchy or have the new space home list the children:

update confancestors set ancestorid=74842628 where ancestorid=442;

Any idea how to accomplis this?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 16, 2012

You could perhaps try out the Confluence CLI in Atlassian CLI.

Get a list of child pages for a page:

confluence --action getPageList --space "zconfluencecli" --title "Current Parent Page" --children

Then move each page in the list to a new parent...

confluence --action movePage --space "zconfluencecli" --title "This Child Page" --parent "New Parent Page"

It could be turned into a nice little bash script e.g.

move-page-children "Current Parent Page" "New Parent Page"

More CLI examples here

Jim Coates July 16, 2012

This looks promising but what about the fact that their parent page no longer exists?

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2012
Ideally, you should do this before you delete the parent ;). Another point that is too late for you is that in many cases you can use the CLI to save the source of the bad page, then update the page to correct the problem without deleting it.
Jim Coates July 16, 2012

I was able to get this working using the --outputFormat 2 for getPagelist and not supplying a title. I took all of the items (except the new home) with a parent id of 0 and used them to make the list. Thanks so much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events