Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to backup / restore a single plugin?

M.R. van Kleef February 13, 2012

Is it possible to backup and restore a single plugin? If I install a newer version of an existing plugin I want to do so for the case the newer version doesn't work.

Michiel

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2012
Hi Michiel, no you don't need to use JIRA. Do your plugins install/uninstall via Confluence Admin -> Plugins? If so just uninstall the newer version of the plugin and then install the old version. Have a look at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Removing+Malfunctioning+Plugins for where plugins might be located, most third party plugins are stored in the database. Hope that helps, Andrew.
0 votes
Oli S
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2012

Take a look into the folder <Conf-Installation-directory>\temp\

I found my plugins there.

0 votes
ChaiY February 13, 2012

Hi Michiel,

You can manually install the older version of plugin by putting the plugin jar file into the <JIRA_HOME>/plugins/installed-plugins directory.

Sincerely,

Chai Ying

M.R. van Kleef February 13, 2012

Hi Chai Ying,

Currently I don't use Jira. Do I need to do so?
There is a directory "bundled-plugins", but this seems to be only for system plugins. I don't see my own plugins.

Michiel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events