How to backup everything in Confluence and also restore using the backup?

bfang711 April 18, 2017

I would like to do daily backup for everything in Confluence Server. Several questions I have here.

1.  I would like to backup into the local and also into a cloud, like dropbox. I wonder if this is possible. Any referred link for reference would be helpful.

2. Is the backup the whole archive backup or just incremental backup? or I can control both. (In the current stage, whole archive backup would be good for me. but in future, maybe incremental backup would be prefered. )

3. I think the backup should be only one big binary file, and I can copy to whereever I want, is that right?

4. I want to know how to restore the backup, maybe in the Conflunce cloud, maybe in another Conflunce server on another host. Any referred link for reference would be helpful.

thank you very much.

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2017

Hi,

we backup our Confluence data with native backup tools from Oracle (database backup) and another tool that makes daily backups of our Virtual machines. 

If you want to restore such a backup, you have to use the tools of your database vendor or VM restore tools.

We don't use regular XML-Backup in our production environment. Also, this is not recommended by Atlassian. Look here for more information: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/production-backup-strategy-38797389.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events