Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automatically disable and enable a plugin in confluence

Bhupesh Nagda September 13, 2017

Hi,

We want to restart (disable/enable) a user installed plugin in confluence every midnight. I was hoping to curl an API for the same but looks like the APIs only support content modification and not any changes related to plugin. Is there any other way to write maybe a job to restart a plugin in confluence?

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Bhupesh

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2017

I wasn't able to find an API for disabling a plugin in Confluence, either. The Bob Swift CLI tool seems to provide the ability to check status of an add-on, but I didn't see anything about disabling add-ons in their docs.

If you are good with shell scripting you can disable the plugin using SQL in a shell script. The SQL is on this page: How to manually remove malfunctioning add-ons The issue with this approach is Confluence would need to be restarted to pick up the change in the database.

I am curious about your use case. Please let me know more about what add-on it is, and why it needs to be disabled at midnight.

Bhupesh Nagda November 16, 2017

Hi,

Thank you for reply!

We have a heavy weight plugin developed by a vendor for us. It controls the complete UI of our confluence and uses it's own mechanism for creating new content in confluence spaces.

There is a lot of custom functionality developed in this plugin which is not possible in confluence out of box.  So the issue is that using script runner in jira we are creating a page in confluence passing url parametrs required to create page in confluence like page title, issue key etc. We also create a link from jira to confluence but when the user clicks on link to access the page, it get page not found error. Then we have to disable and enable the plugin to get the link working. So it is some plugin cache issue. 

Thanks & Regards,

Bhupesh

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2017

That's something that would need to go to the vendor of this add-on you have.

If your SR script is creating a page using the standard REST function, then the page should be immediately visible without having to do anything.  It sounds like the add-on is breaking something in the indexing, maybe by replacing part of the normal create process with its own.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events