How to automate in Wiki instead of doing it manually?

Anirudh B Balotiaa November 11, 2019

Hi,

I am using Confluence Wiki to manage UX Research project. 

A bunch of PMs visit Customers and then enter Customer Details on a single page. 

For the weekly report I need - 

1. How many PMs went to meet Customers for a particular week or how many customers have each PM met. 

2. What all kind of customers we met? Lets we met 2 customers of Profile-A, met 3 of Profile-B and so on. 

At present, for both the above I manually count and update on another page. If it was excel I can probably generate a pivot table and get the summary info. 

Is there a better way to do it than me counting manually? 

Thanks in anticipation. 

1 answer

0 votes
Oliver Shen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2019

Hi Anirudh,

I believe the Page Properties Report Macro could be of use to you here, if you don't mind having your PMs enter customer details on separate pages. In this case, your page properties macros would contain the details of each customer-PM meeting, allowing you to collect the information you're looking for from the page properties report. Additionally, you could streamline this process for your PMs by using a Page Template to create the pages with the page properties on them.
There's documentation that may help you if you choose this approach here.

Alternatively, there are various apps on the marketplace that support pivot tables which may be able to provide the functionality that you're looking for:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events