How to auto-provision accounts when Confluence is using JASIG CAS SSO for authentication?

Josh Kwan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 25, 2014

Hello,

I have CASified my Confluence 5 installation for single sign-on (SSO), and I was wondering if folks out there had solutions to auto-provision accounts.

CAS works, but if the user does not already have a local Confluence account with the UID set as the username, then a redirect loop occurs between the CAS client and the CAS server.

Example:

• CAS username = johndoe
  • CAS UID = 1000
  • Confluence username = 1000 (MUST be this or things break)

Questions:

1. Are there solutions to auto-provision accounts?
  2. There is an LDAP server in my organization where I can get UIDs from. Is LDAP my only option to auto-provision accounts before users' first login?
  3. Or is there simple way to modify the CAS client so that it will create a new Confluence user account for any successfully authenticated CAS user that does not already exist? Anyone else out there doing this on a large scale?

Side note and tip on CAS and Confluence integration:

• To get JASIG CAS 3.3+ client to work with Confluence, there is an undocumented option that must go in your seraph-config.xml file:

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Kenrick Bramble June 7, 2016

I know this is a longshot since this post is so old but were you ever able to figure this out?  We are still not able to auto-provision accounts when using CAS, users are not able to login unless we create a local Confluence account for them first. 

Thanks,

蒋文华 December 27, 2021

unitl today,we still  need create a local Confluence account for them first! haha

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events