Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to authenticate internal vs external pages in Confluence

Deleted user January 11, 2021

It is now possible to link more than one Confluence space to Jira SM. What I am struggling with is how to authenticate articles that are only for agents vs articles that can be sent to regular users. 

Example: regular user sends in request for how to change password.
Agent can search for instruction page in Confluence directly from the ticked in Jira. 
The agent can then send instructions to the user in Jira comment and close the ticked. 

I need to find a solution to identify the pages/articles so that my agents will not send out instructions/pages/articles that have restricted access (not for regular users.

My company is using Atlassian Cloud.

\thanX

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2021

I am a little stuck on what problem you are trying to solve here. 

If I understand it right, your agents are sending knowledge-base articles to customers?  That should be fine, as long as the articles are in the knowledge base spaces, they won't be restricted away from the customers.

If your agents are sending pages from other non-KB spaces, then it's simple, you just need to educate your agents to only send KB articles, identified easily by the name of the space!

Deleted user January 11, 2021

When searching the Confluence from a Jira ticked, the agents do not see if the article is open or restricted. It is not about training the agents on how or what to send ;-)

I am looking into a solution so that the agents can identify if an article/page is open.

In the image below, you see how the agent has searched for articles about Outlook.

- Article no 1 in the list is restricted and the user will not be able to access it

- Article no 2 and 3 are open for the users to read

But... the agent cannot see if it is open, so the cannot use the share button to send the article in comment to the user.

kb-jira-confluence.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2021

Why are you restricting knowledge base articles?  That defeats the point of them!

Deleted user January 15, 2021

We have one knowledge base for our users and another one for the system administrators. There are many instructions and troubleshooting articles that are only for Admins - not regular users ;-) 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2021

Ok, makes sense, so how are you identifying that a user is an admin or user?

Deleted user February 11, 2021

I've figured this out.

First - Technical agent, working on Jira issues should be able to look for all articles, including technical fixes and instructions

Second - Regular user/company employee with an issue or request, does not have access to all IT-bug fixes etc.

The image below shows what I have been looking for:

resttrict.png

The thing is, when a Confluence knowledge base is linked to Jira project, the permissions is automatically changed on the Confluence space, causing all articles to be available. permission.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events