Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to arrange ZEN sections to this style on confluence page?

lily56 March 19, 2013

I want to arrange style on one page like this screenshot, but it seems either one column, either multiple colummns ,can not like this screenshot, why?

4 answers

0 votes
Darryl Duke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2013

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for the kind words and great review on https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.zenfoundation/reviews

We really appreciate it!

0 votes
Darryl Duke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2013

Hi Jennifer,

1. The full width toggles will mess with this kind of carefully designed layout. To prevent the full width option for viewers, go into the Page Designer (under the toolbar's gear menu) and enter in a width for the canvas size (the default is 1120).

2. Just the full width settings (personal under the user menu in the toolbar) and the full width toggle (the arrows on the toolbar).

3. Often you have to tweak width and margin/padding settings of complex section layout to work with both IE and real browsers. If you're having trouble with this, please send screenshots and more details to support@stepstonetech.com and we'd be happy to help sort it out.

0 votes
J April 10, 2013

Hi,

I am also having issues with the layout. I am trying to achieve more columns than just two as below:

However, I am coming across the following issues:

1. When the toggle width option is used, the sections no longer align properly as the sections have been set to float left and right - there is a gap in between. Is there a way to avoid this?
  2. Is there an option that you can select to make the screen span across based on the user's screen resolution?
  3. There seems to be a problem with Internet Explorer. The sections and elements are overlapping and do not display properly. I am not if this is because of the resizing I have been doing.

Hope you guys can help with these.

Thanks

0 votes
Darryl Duke
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2013

Good question. Zen's column layout is "full height" so you can't use drag-and-drop to position sections that way. However, it's pretty easy to do what you show here.

You'll have a one-column layout, with 1 & 4 being standard Zen sections. For 2 & 3, use the Section Designer to set their widths to smaller amounts, and float: left for section 2, and float: right for section 3. (Keep reducing the width values if they still stack vertically--they won't sit side-by-side if they're too wide, which includes padding and margins.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events