How to aggregate all task report for pie chart

Vinay Jain March 25, 2021

Hi,

I have parent page where I have added 'Task report from Child pages' macro to show me all open task from its child page but issue I am having is that if I add Pivot table or Chart on that report it shows data for 20 open task at a time which I believe max macro can show at a time. 

I can't seems to find a way to show the pivot table/chart for all open task. is there a way I can achieve this.

Screenshot 2021-03-25 at 09.57.07.png

2 answers

3 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2021

Hi @Vinay Jain ,

As I get from the description, you are sure that the Pivot Table macro works only with the first page returned by the Task Report macro (you can choose 10, 20 or 40 items per page to display).

So, I went to our test Cloud environment and tried to reproduce your case.

Here I have the Task Report macro (pagination by 10, 22 tasks - 21 for me and 1 for my colleague):

Thu 2-1.png

This report with the pagination by 10 is wrapped into the Pivot Table macro:

Thu 2-2.png

And when I built my pivot, I get not 10 tasks from the first page, but total 22 tasks from all the three pages:

Thu 2-3.png

So, as you can see, I couldn't reproduce the case.

As I see on the screenshot, you use the Table Filter macro between the Task Report macro and the Pivot Table Macro.

The Table Filter macro also works with the complete data provided by the Task Report macro: the Table Filter macro cancels the pagination and shows all the collected tasks.

Thu 2-4.png

So, maybe you have some forgotten filters inside the Table Filter macro and because of that your pivot table is based not on the full but filtered data?

Please check all the steps to find where the data is really missing. Maybe you could share some screenshots and we'll try to investigate the case together.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2021

By the way isn't your "Task report from Child pages" a custom macro?

It seems to be the one judging by its name in your editor. So, try to use the standard Task Report macro instead.

0 votes
Vinay Jain March 25, 2021

Hi @Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_ 

thanks for the reply, one correction is that I am not using cloud I see I mentioned development as cloud not sure how that happened. I am using confluence server 7.4.3

I tried just 'Task report' with signal page and without table filter macro but still the same issue it only shows 20 and there are total 43 open task.

Screenshot 2021-03-25 at 14.11.51.pngScreenshot 2021-03-25 at 14.11.42.png

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2021

Now I can see the problem - for the Server/DC a separate pivot table is aggregated for the every page created by the Task Report macro.

We've added a new task to our backlog and I'll get in touch after everything is done.

Meanwhile there is another workaround with the Handy Macros for Confluence app. Besides providing different advanced macros, it modifies the standard Task Report macro and allows you to set its pagination manually (not from the predefined dropdown menu):

Thu 4-1.png

Put a big number there - the one that you won't reach, for example, 1000:

Thu 4-4.png

If you need to apply pagination, you may do it within the Table Filter macro:

Thu 4-2.png

Our Pivot Table macro recognizes it well.

So with or without pagination in the Table Filter macro you should get all the tasks in your pivot report (up to 1000):

Thu 4-3.png

Vinay Jain April 6, 2021

thanks @Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_ for your respond but I doubt I can ask my company admin to install/buy the plugin.

do you know roughly e.g. weeks/months/years when the backlog task will be schedule?

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2021

The trouble is that the Task Report is not very popular among our customers and we prioritize improvements by the customers' votes.

Your vote was added to the existing ticket (along with the link to this thread, so we'll definitely reach to you after the implementation). But it may take several months to release an update.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events