Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to adjust the width of what appears in the Excerpt Include Macro

Hi! I am looking to include a section of one page into another. I am using the Excerpt Macro, and within it the Excerpt Include macro. However, it is only showing the page title of my included page. I am looking to include more than that.

Or - I have tried using the Include Pages Macro. This would also work however I am unsure how to force it to a certain height (aka, give it a scroll bar). As of now, it just scrolls on forever.

Thanks!

1 answer

I used the Excerpt Include macro at first, then couldn't widen its narrow width. I switched to Include Pages and, everything else being equal (I think?), it's wider, so it fulfilled my needs. Neither macro lets you control the container width. 

I've given up on these small, stupid idiosyncrasies in Confluence, and attribute it to corporate greed, because that's what it is: Why go FREE when you can collect a FEE with the Marketplace? 

Coming in 2022: "To make text bold, you will need to purchase the Bold Text Maker from the Atlassian Marketplace.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

43,364 views 32 134
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you