How to add wiki markup to all pages in the Documentation theme?

Alex Bobrovski July 24, 2011

Hi,

we're using Documentation Theme, that doesn't allow you to customize layouts.

So, what should we do?

If we switch to another one, we'll lose our current settings (colors, fonts, etc).

We just want to add one macro at all the pages below the context.

Please help!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
HuseinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2011

You can customise theme's Page Layout (ie. page.vmd) to do that. For documentation theme, you'll need to edit confluence-install/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/com/atlassian/confluence/setup/atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip/doctheme-x.x.jar/doctheme/decorators/page.vmd. And add anything you want after where the content is. You can create the content as a user macro, and then add the macro in the layout, for example:
<div class="wiki-content">
$body
</div>
<div id="additional">
$helper.renderConfluenceMacro("{cheese}")
</div>

It's either you extract the jar, modify and rezip it to atlassian-bundled.plugins.zip, or you upload the modified jar as a plugin which will replace the bundled one. You might want to refer to this documentation.

0 votes

Super! Thanks a lot!

By the way, is it true if we upgrade our Confluence instance from 3.5 say to 3.6 or whaterver, such changes will be lost?

Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2011

Yes, those changes will need to be made manually when upgrading to a newer version of Confluence. Please refer to our documentation for guidance on this process:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Upgrading+Custom+Layouts

We're currently building a new Windows/Linux Installer for Confluence 4.0 which will address issues with upgrading customisecd instances in a future release.

0 votes

and can I insert Wiki markup this way?

HuseinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2011

I believe you meant macro, which is a yes, I have edited my answer above. If what you meant is a wiki markup, you might want to create that as a user macro, then just add the user macro in the layout.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events