Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add user to confluence using soap rest api (XML-RPC)?

Kudimov Mikhail April 3, 2019

Hi!

I'am using XML-RPC  to work with my confluence. And now i want to create a new user and rest api contains a method "add user": 

void addUser(String token, User  user, String password) - add a new user with the given password

And I do not understand, what kind of entity is this "User"?

Could you show me any example how to create user?

Thank you in advance!

2 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Kudimov Mikhail April 4, 2019

example:

{"jsonrpc" : "2.0", "method" : "addUser", "params" : [{"email":"tututu@mail.com","fullname":"TestUser","name":"user"}, "password"], "id" : null}
Bipin Nepal October 15, 2022

@Kudimov Mikhaili couldnt pass the authentication can you please share the script to add user

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2019

Hello Михаил,

The SOAP API has been deprecated since Confluence 5.5 and is not longer currently supported. However, there is a REST API which will use JSON instead of XML to complete tasks. Within the REST you are able to interact with Confluence, though the user endpoints are only available via GET calls. If you are using Jira or Crowd you are able to access endpoints via the Crowd API to manipulate users and groups. Here are resources for both Confluence and Crowd REST API.

For the SOAP API deprecation notice, that may be found at Confluence XML-RPC and SOAP APIs

I hope these resources prove helpful while migrating off the SOAP API.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Adrian Moerchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2019

Why is this accepted?

The SOAP API is deprecated since about 4 years now, but there is a reason it is still there: the REST API just isn't nearly complete, looks even abandoned, no progress.

There is no way to create a user via the REST API, so the answer is even misleading.

Like # people like this
Bipin Nepal October 15, 2022

@Stephen Siferscan you please give me the script to add users  in confluence ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events