• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to add symbol in new Confluence editor?

Hi,

exploring the new editor experience, but cannot find a way how to use symbols (feature we heavily use in technical documentation). Am I overseeing something? Any tip appreciated.

Thanks,
David

2 answers

2 votes

Hello David,

Within Confluence you should be able to add Symbols to your documentation. If you’re using the cloud or server products you may find the symbols by going to Insert > Symbols. More about adding symbols may be found at:

I hope this information proves helpful and you’re able to continue adding symbols to your documentation.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Hello Stephen,

we're using Confluence Cloud product.

What you are describing is working perfectly fine for us in old editor experience.
But we cannot find that functionality in new editor experience.

Documentation for that one is missing, just few blog posts are available but not covering symbols.

Kind Regards,
David

Like # people like this

Hello David,

I just verified on the new editor and you’re correct. The option (which was present in the legacy editor) for symbols is no longer present. I did find a recently created feature request to have this added back to the editor. You may find this request at CONFCLOUD-67811. We would ask you to vote and watch this request for future updates.

A workaround to this would be to create pages needing these symbols within the legacy editor. While this is not a long term workaround and eventual all pages will be converted to the new editor, you can do this for the time being:

• When creating a new page, select the option “Legacy Editor Template” to use the old editor within a new page.

I hope this information proves helpful and you’re able to work around the missing feature while we evaluate a solution.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Like Diana Perepadia likes this

Hello Stephen,

That's our current workaround. Thanks for clarification. I'll vote asap.

Thank you and Kind Regards,
David

Like Stephen Sifers likes this

@Stephen Sifers  I'm also facing this issue. Could you please let me know, how can I get the "Legacy Editor Template"? I'm using Confluence on Google Chrome on the Ubuntu machine and I can't find that option after clicking the "+" sign in the left-hand sidebar.

Thank you!

Voted! Can't even imagine how this is not a must for everyone. :-) 

Like # people like this

As another work around, I was able to generate a symbol in Word and then cut and paste it into my Confluence document.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

402 views 23 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you