How to add preformatted text in between a numbered list, without breaking the numbering?

Nidhi Bhandari September 11, 2018

I'm using the Confluence Cloud (1000.0.0-938d182668b)

I want to create a numbered list with preformatted text in between steps. Something like:

1. Do ABC

Preformatted text

2. Do XYZ

The problem is, everytime I use Shift+Enter, the entire numbered step take preformatted font. 

Any work around for this?

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2018

The PRE tag may be the issue. In the case, I use shift-Return and insert a code macro. That does work cleanly,

Nidhi Bhandari September 11, 2018

Thanks Bill. I'll try that today!

Nidhi Bhandari September 13, 2018

It works for code-bock only, and not all of my preformatted text is a code. Sometime, it is commands, result of a command, or user input for UNIX and so on.

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2018

So I would suggest NOT using Preformatted, but rather select the standard paragraph and then format as monospace where needed (which works at character level, rather than block).

Preformatted is a block-level tag in HTML (like p tags), and that is what is causing the issue (along with how the editor treats it).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events