How to add page sections within a UI Tab?

Uma Krishnamurthy November 23, 2022

My page has 4 tabs. I want to add different page layouts for each tab (2-section, 3-section layouts). But as soon as I hit 'Add Section' under page layouts, the section gets added to the page that contains all the tabs instead of the specific tab I am trying to section. 

Is there any way to section the page within the tab in Confluence? I don't want to use panels as I am not able to place two panels next to each other. 

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nicolai Sibler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2022

Hi @Uma Krishnamurthy ,

the Section and Column macros should do the trick - if there are no limitations from the app which generates the tabs.

Hope that helps!

Kind regards,

Nicolai

Uma Krishnamurthy November 28, 2022

Yay!! This worked to meet my needs. Thank you for the suggestion.

Like Nicolai Sibler likes this
0 votes
Mattia _bitvoodoo ag_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2022

Hello @Uma Krishnamurthy 

page layouts can only be applied to pages and not within macros. This is a limitation that comes from the Confluence product and cannot be changed by the app vendors.

Best regards

Mattia

Mattia _bitvoodoo ag_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 23, 2022

However, there is the following workaround if you use the Navitabs app instead of the app that provides you with UI Tab.

You can create pages with the desired layouts and then use the Labeltabs (On-Premise / Cloud) or Childtabs (On-Premise / Cloud) macro to generate the tab navigation out of those pages.

If you have any questions about Navitabs, please contact our support.

Best regards

Mattia

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2022

Hello @Uma Krishnamurthy 

Welcome to the community.

Are you working with Confluence Cloud or Confluence Server/Data Center?

From which third party app did you get the Tab functionality? That is not native functionality, and must've been added with a third party app. The documentation provided by the vendor of the app may indicate how sections can be added to the tabs.

You may need to ask your Confluence Administrators which third party app supplied the functionality.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events