How to add multiple rows automatically in a table based on one column (drop down list) values?

Manjunatha K R June 27, 2017

Hi,
My requirement table created in a confluence page as below column headers and sample rows as below:

Requirement ID                           Components             
rqPOC_IDS_SubsFeat_Enhn_6     Web-Apps,XDM-DataMgr   
rqPOC_IDS_SubsFeat_Enhn_3     XDM-DataMgr, DB
rqPOC_IDS_SubsFeat_Enhn_4     Web-Apps,XDM-DataMgr,Callp

"Components" column field is of drop down list - multiple choice selection type.

Using "Scaffolding Reporting", what specifically we are looking for is:::

Automatically create rows for each of our "Components" values added in the above table as below along with new column i,e Compliancy(i,e drop down list - single choice selection type) added for all the rows.
So that compliancy can be updated in a page by respective component primes individually into the reporting table generated as below.

Requirement ID                           Components              Compliancy
rqPOC_IDS_SubsFeat_Enhn_6      Web-Apps                  NO  rqPOC_IDS_SubsFeat_Enhn_6     XDM-DataMgr           YES
rqPOC_IDS_SubsFeat_Enhn_3      XDM-DataMgr           NO  
rqPOC_IDS_SubsFeat_Enhn_3      DB                              YES
rqPOC_IDS_SubsFeat_Enhn_4      Web-Apps                  NO  
rqPOC_IDS_SubsFeat_Enhn_4      XDM-DataMgr           YES
rqPOC_IDS_SubsFeat_Enhn_4      Callp                           YES

Also Using this reporting table generated, we should also able to export into XLS to filter our requirementIds for our tracking purpose.

- Manju

1 answer

0 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2017

Hello Manju,

You can use Table Filter macro to filter your table or to export it to csv.

Manjunatha K R July 12, 2017

Thank you very much Andrey Khaneev for sharing this info.

I am going thru this Add-on, really intresting.

Was looking for simple reporting mechanism which fits to my requirement to filter out multiple requirement tables updated in our confluence pages to report, review, update the needed details and export into XLS for tracking purpose. Thanks Again.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events