Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add labels to a Confluence page from Jira automation

Tyler E March 28, 2023

I created a template in Confluence, "Planning Template", that has a Page Properties macro with a table as described here (https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-page-properties-macro/) and I added in the left column "label" and in the right column "planning" See picture:

PageProperties_Macro.png

After that, I created a separate page, "Sprint Planning Index", that has the Page Properties Report macro and listed the label to look for as "planning". See the first picture below. I also added a button to create a new document based off of the "Planning Template" from above. When a new document is created using that button the labels ARE applied to the new page.

PagePropertiesReport_Macro.png

The issue arises when trying to create a new page from an automation in Jira. After the trigger I have an action Create page in Confluence that uses "Planning Template". 

JiraAutomation.png

The problem is this: When a document is created from the Jira Automation, the label "planning" is not applied - even though it is in the template. 

Does anyone have a solution to getting labels to be added to documents created from Jira automation?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2023

Hi @Tyler E and welcome to the community,

I have confirmed your situation and indeed this is a bug, reported here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AUTO-333

If you were on the premium plan, I would suggest to use Confluence automation to fix this issue, by adding labels to the published pages which originate from Jira. But since you are on a free plan, the only way is to do it manually.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events