How to add dynamic content for How To Articles

SavageGeek October 20, 2017

I am trying to create How To articles with selections that are NOT changeable after the article is saved and published... Let me clarify what I am trying to do here...  I have a How To I want to write for a Knowledge Base, I want to be able to have a selection for "Applies To" when only editing the page, but be static when the page is saved.  (ie.  a selection drop down list "while editing the page" like ver1 or ver2, or ver3 ... I pick one of those because one of those applies to the article I am writing about.  and then add another selection for product like software, hardware, network... I tried to add a dynamic checkbox macro, but that macro doesn't seem to work :

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Is-there-a-way-in-Confluence-to-create-a-checkbox-without-it/qaq-p/243032

I tried to add that user macro, but it keeps erroring  out.

Is there not something that can be used as an easy selection for adding such content about a How To Article? I also have tried the forms for confluence with the forms list macro ... but this is not what I am trying to do.  I want the ability to have a template I am using for a How To Article to have the selections I need about the article being written up.  Please advise since I am really needing such a solution for this.

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2017

Welcome to our online Community. I understand you would like to add information about what a How To applies to within the How To article template. 

Please consider using labels to categorize your articles. It will give you the ability to search and display the articles according to the labels you apply. You are prompted to add labels when you first launch the template:

Screen Shot 2017-10-23 at 12.22.29 PM.png

For more on the power of labels in Confluence, please see Add, Remove and Search for Labels

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events