How to add current page title in the breadcrumb?

Hi all,

By default, the breadcrumb displays only "parent" pages title. Is it possible to add it the current page title?

(For obvious usability reason, this last item (in the breadcrumb) will not be linked because it targets the current page.)

I've checked the 'breadcrumbs.vm' file but I can't locate where it dynamically builds the breadcrumb path.

Thanks in advance,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote
Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Apr 11, 2016

Instead of trying to modify the breadcrumbs.vm file, why not just do it with a bit of Javascript that you could put in the custom HTML?

AJS.toInit(function() {
  if (AJS.params.browsePageTreeMode == "view") {
    if (AJS.params.contentType == "page") {
      jQuery("#breadcrumbs").append('<li><span> ' + AJS.params.pageTitle + '</span></li>');
    } else if (AJS.params.contentType == "blogpost") {
      jQuery("#breadcrumbs").append('<li><span> ' + AJS.params.pageTitle.split('/').pop() + '</span></li>');
    }
  }
});

Thanks, it works perfectly.

What I was exactly looking for is this variable: AJS.params.pageTitle

Is there a specific documentation that provides all this kind of properties?

Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Apr 11, 2016

I wish there was...

You can check out what's in AJS.params by opening the browser console/developer tools on any Confluence page (usually pressing F12), go to the console tab, and type "AJS.params", and then it should list the contents.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

80 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you