Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add confluence macro "excerpt include" into a jira story description?

Vitaliy Gnatenko April 6, 2021

Hi there! Can you please help figure out how to add confluence macro "excerpt include" into a Jira story description?

Is there a way to take "Excerpt Include" from the confluence and add it to Jira Story Description, so that if I change the requirement in confluence it automatically changes in Jira Story Description?

For example:

• I will create a page in confluence
  • add excerpt 
  • in the excerpt dialogue box, i will add a story description
  • next, i will link this page to a story in Jira (for easy navigation)
  • in Jira story description i want to insert this particular excerpt include so that the story from confluence auto-populates in Jira story

Here is what I am trying to do: we use Jira to manage our project development. We create stories, add descriptions and then implement them.

But, sometimes, stories description change, some information gets lost. To solve this we use confluence to store and manage project documentation and requirements, meeting notes, etc.

But it is quite difficult to use the linking option between confluence and Jira epics/stories and still, I have to copy/paste the requirement description from confluence to jira. 

And if the requirement gets updated, I have to also update it in Confluence or JIra.

3 answers

1 vote
Roman Tsoi January 17, 2023

Hello, @Vitaliy Gnatenko.
Today, in a few hours, I reread all the available discussions on the forums, on the subject of "Is it possible to insert an excerpt or a quote (part of an article, not the whole) from Confluence into a task in Jira."

Result: At the moment, the current function is not implemented.

However, on February 9, 2022, in an article about the Smart Link presentation, atlassian product manager @Lennon Liao
wrote that he would consider adding this feature in the future.

0 votes
thanhn January 21, 2022

Hi Vitaliy,

I am also trying to find the same solution.

Did you manage to find one? I would be happy to read it! thanks!

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2021

@Vitaliy Gnatenko 

Unfortunately is all you can do is link the Jira issue to Confluence there is no way to include a Confluence excerpt in a Jira issue field.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events