Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to add confluence macro "excerpt include" into a jira story description?

Hi there! Can you please help figure out how to add confluence macro "excerpt include" into a Jira story description?

Is there a way to take "Excerpt Include" from the confluence and add it to Jira Story Description, so that if I change the requirement in confluence it automatically changes in Jira Story Description?

For example:

• I will create a page in confluence
  • add excerpt 
  • in the excerpt dialogue box, i will add a story description
  • next, i will link this page to a story in Jira (for easy navigation)
  • in Jira story description i want to insert this particular excerpt include so that the story from confluence auto-populates in Jira story

Here is what I am trying to do: we use Jira to manage our project development. We create stories, add descriptions and then implement them.

But, sometimes, stories description change, some information gets lost. To solve this we use confluence to store and manage project documentation and requirements, meeting notes, etc.

But it is quite difficult to use the linking option between confluence and Jira epics/stories and still, I have to copy/paste the requirement description from confluence to jira. 

And if the requirement gets updated, I have to also update it in Confluence or JIra.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Sep 16, 2021

@Vitaliy Gnatenko 

Unfortunately is all you can do is link the Jira issue to Confluence there is no way to include a Confluence excerpt in a Jira issue field.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,446 views 7 29
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you