How to add column for Attachments macro?

Adam Skrodzki
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 26, 2021

Hi,

I want to have a page where I store cv of candidates, I want to have not only name and modification date displayed but also labels so I can easily sort, filter by position specific person applied to. 

Is it achievable with Attachment macro?

Is there any other way to achieve it in Confluence Cloud ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2021

Hi @Adam Skrodzki , welcome to the Community!

The attachments macro can indeed help filter down a list of attachments on the page by some criteria, such as labels. After adding the macro to the page, you can use the pencil icon to edit it:

image.png

In the macro's options, you can add a comma-separated list of labels that particular macro should use to filter attachments. In my example here, I used a label called "picture" - but this could be any label you like, such as the particular positions someone applied for:

image.png

You can also see that I've already applied the same label to the attachment shown in the preview. Attachments can have multiple labels applied to them, and you can use the "Attachment labels" filter on the attachments macro to fine-tune which attachments should appear in that section.

Elsewhere on the page, you can include additional attachments macros using more label filters. If you didn't include labels during upload, you can also have an un-filtered attachment macro on the page to easily add labels to attachments. It's also possible to go to the attachments list for the page and add labels there.

Here's an example of two attachment macros I put next to each other using a page layout. This is to show that you can have multiple macros that have different filters, but again you can use the labels to categorize the attachments by the positions someone has applied to.

image.png

I hope that helps show how you can organize attachments. Let me know if I can answer more questions, and good luck with your CV organization page!

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Adam Skrodzki
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 7, 2021

Hi,

thanks for information. I was aware of that prefiltering option, but I was hoping there is a way to display labels as a column or group by labels (something similar to SharePoint group by functionality)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events