How to add clause "where" with Velocity property to SQL query in "Database multi-select" field?

Konstantin February 3, 2020

Hello.

I have a big table with 30k+ rows. I need to create a "Database multi-select" field with restrictions in query.
Now it works as follows: it receives all data from the database (30k+ rows), prints them in the form field and after that it can filter them according to the entered text. This process takes a lot of time, and all users think that the window freezes.

How can I create a filter in an SQL query using Velocity properties or something like that? Because the filter after receiving all data is not suitable for me.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2020

For the database fields to work we need to load all the data for the field

Obviously, having something with 30+ in a dropdown is not something we ever expected for the field to have.

We have a "Dynamic dropdown" field that supports "proxy" mode and can help you with dynamically created lookups against your database.

Though, it does not support multi-values as of now

Alex

Konstantin February 4, 2020

Hi.

Thanks for the answer. It is very sad that "database multi-select" field can't to do this =(

Could you help me with next little question? How can I create dynamic field list?
Something like that:
Field 1: How many items? (number or dropdown-list[1-10] or another input method with the number of list items).
Field 2: Name of first item. (Dynamic dropdown)
Field 3: Name of second item. (Dynamic dropdown as in "Field 2")
Field 4: Name of third item. (Dynamic dropdown as in "Field 2")
Field ...

Thanks!

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2020

Each field in ConfiForms must have a ConfiForms Field Definition macro that defines it.

You cannot have dynamic fields that have no definitions

Konstantin February 4, 2020

Thank you very much Alex for your answers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events