How to add a sequence number in confluence table

Peng Chen September 12, 2019

Hi

I'm looking to add a sequence number in confluence table, it works this way:

1. User sets manually a sequence number in one of the column, use 1 as step
  2. If user changes a number in the column, it will change all the numbers that's larger than the number in that column by adding one

example:

• I have a table with 6 rows
  • I have a sequence column
  • In the sequence cell of each row, I put 1,2,3,4,5,6...
  • If I change 5 to 2, then 2 becomes 3, 3 becomes 4, 4 becomes 5, 6 stay not changed
  • If I add a row and fill sequence column as 4, then the previous 4 becomes 5, previous 5 becomes 6, previous 6 become 7

Is there a way to have this functionality? This could be useful to prioritize tasks.

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rafael Pinto Sperafico
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2019

Hi @Peng Chen ,

You should be looking at User Macro (Writing User Macros), where you can create a script to read rows and columns from a given table and manipulate its values accordingly.

Kind regards,
Rafael

0 votes
Peng Chen September 12, 2019

Thanks to both of you, I will look into it

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2019

Functionality like this does not natively exist in Confluence. However, there are apps in the marketplace that give you spreadsheet functionality for Confluence. You could do that with a spreadsheet formula. There are also a couple apps that work with native Confluence tables and formulas.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events