Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a report showing frequency of variable values in confluence?

lefras March 8, 2019

Say I have a variable called "status" within a page template in Confluence, and the possible values for that variable are 0, 1 and 2...

How do I create a table which displays the number of pages holding each status in a parent page or ideally my space overview page:

i.e.

Status         Frequency

0                  36

1                  79

2                  13

2 answers

0 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2019

Hello @lefras

Here is an idea how to implement it:

1. Each page with status should contain Page Properties macro with a table: 2019-03-19_15h19_33.png
  2. Add Page Properties Report macro on the report page: 2019-03-19_15h21_26.png
  3. Wrap the report macro with pivot Table macro: 2019-03-19_15h27_02.png
  4. And as result you can create a chart: 2019-03-19_15h31_04.png
0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2019

Hello there! Thanks for sharing with the Community.

Your project looks interesting! Currently there is no native way to implement global (or space wide) variables in Confluence. The closest thing we could do is using labels and user macros for this:

Is there a macro for displaying a label count? - Confluence Cloud

How to count the number of child pages with a particular label? - Confluence Server

We have had some customers who were looking to have something similar implemented! You can check it in this thread here:

Can I use variables across multiple Confluence pages?

Let us know if our threads help you out! Looking forward to your reply.

Robin May 9, 2023

Hi Diego,

Has any progress been made on having a Variables ability with Confluence? 

Alternatively, a way to set up a Filter to accept parameters so that a Confluence page using a Filter macro retains the parameter values as a report? 

For example, a page showing a Filter macro to report on "Incidents last week", which lists the incidents which were created "last week", but then retains the dates of that week, so it can be used in an Automation to generate a weekly one. 

Or even an Alternative to that: saving the output of a Filter as the parameter/input for a Confluence Page (section/macro). 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events