How to add a footer to all the pages and sub pages under a certain space in confluence? Edited

I would like to add a common footer to all the pages and sub pages under a certain spaces in confluence.

I have been trying to do it in the look and feel but its not getting applied.

Can some one please provide me a step to step process to do it.

Regards

Ravinder Reddy.S

1 answer

Hi,

I'm doing this using a common space that contains a page that corresponds to the footer then in each space settings, I set the footer to something like this:

{include:<spaceid>:<myfooter>|nopanel=true}

example: {include:KBCOMMON:KB-Footer|nopanel=true}

There is no way, at least in Confluence Cloud to force a common footer to all spaces, you need to edit the settings space by space.

I think you however met the problem where the footer is not displayed in the overview page thanks to the new UI.

You should vote for this feature here: CONFCLOUD-57098

Hope this helps

Bruno

Hi Bruno,

Sorry for the wrong information earlier.

What I am actually looking for exactly is like same footer for all the pages and sub pages under a certain space.

Ok, so it"s easy, just open the space tools menu then "Look and Feel" tab and define the footer with either pure text or macros like the one I gave in my example

confluencefooter.png

As I said the Overview page will not display the footer with the new user interface so to check, you'll have to look at child pages footer.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

902 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you