How to add a footer to all the pages and sub pages under a certain space in confluence?

Ravinder Reddy Singireddy September 13, 2017

I would like to add a common footer to all the pages and sub pages under a certain spaces in confluence.

I have been trying to do it in the look and feel but its not getting applied.

Can some one please provide me a step to step process to do it.

Regards

Ravinder Reddy.S

1 answer

0 votes
Bruno Miretti September 14, 2017

Hi,

I'm doing this using a common space that contains a page that corresponds to the footer then in each space settings, I set the footer to something like this:

{include:<spaceid>:<myfooter>|nopanel=true}

example: {include:KBCOMMON:KB-Footer|nopanel=true}

There is no way, at least in Confluence Cloud to force a common footer to all spaces, you need to edit the settings space by space.

I think you however met the problem where the footer is not displayed in the overview page thanks to the new UI.

You should vote for this feature here: CONFCLOUD-57098

Hope this helps

Bruno

Ravinder Reddy Singireddy September 14, 2017

Hi Bruno,

Sorry for the wrong information earlier.

What I am actually looking for exactly is like same footer for all the pages and sub pages under a certain space.

Ok, so it"s easy, just open the space tools menu then "Look and Feel" tab and define the footer with either pure text or macros like the one I gave in my example

confluencefooter.png

As I said the Overview page will not display the footer with the new user interface so to check, you'll have to look at child pages footer.

Michelle Rau good
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2019

I implemented this before reading your answer, and this technique has worked great for us. It solved the problem of people creating blank pages without footers. (The footer is included in all our page templates, but many people don't use the templates.)

The previous wiki admin created a wiki-specific search bar and help links page, then used CSS to float it in the upper right corner of the page. I was able to include that page using the same method so now the search box and links are available even on the blank pages. This was a big benefit as users really rely on search.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events