Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate main menu bar in Confluence?

rvlak November 27, 2018

I am on the trial version of Confluence / Jira / Atlas, and would like to activate / create a horizontal main menu at the top of the screen that shows up across the platform. The aim of this menu is to offer future users easy access to the relevant applications, spaces etc. The sidebar menu to the left is simply too confusing.

However, I cannot find a way to activate a horizontal menu from the admin settings and there is no add-on called "Top Navigation Bar" that I can turn on or off, as suggested here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Can-the-main-menus-be-disabled-hidden/qaq-p/827638

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2018

Cloud does not have a top menu bar.  You have to live with the sidebar on the left.

rvlak November 27, 2018

Hi Nic, that's a pity! Eventually we will probably go for the Server edition, but for internal demonstration purposes I hoped to be able to set up an easy to navigate platform...

Lisa April 8, 2021

Is this still a missing feature for the cloud version? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2021

No, they moved the bar back to the top a couple of years ago because the left-side one never worked properly (as everyone told them when they did it)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events