Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access "Incoming Links" from a Cloud add-on?

jerryjvl January 7, 2018

I am running an Atlassian Confluence Cloud instance, and I am trying to implement a macro to display a subset of back-references filtered by ancestor/label inside the body of a page.

There are examples online that show how to access the "Incoming Links" from a "User Macro", but that approach is not available to a Cloud instance.

I have been poring over the API Docs, but I cannot immediately spot a way to access the incoming links for a given page there either.

Is there any way to do this that does not involve retrieving all space content and then parsing out the links in the body content?

I find it exceedingly frustrating that the information is right there available in the "Page Information" dialog, but there seems to be no way to easily programmatically access it.

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2018

I found some add-ons for Confluence Server that display incoming links, but nothing for Cloud. Like you, I also pored over the Cloud REST API docs.

It looks like this feature has been suggested before: Macro: incoming links 

Please vote or comment on the ticket to add weight to your use case and communicate directly with the bug fixing team. That will also add you to notifications for the ticket so you will know if there's any progress.

jerryjvl January 9, 2018

Thanks for the link to the suggested feature -- is there anything else to be done to nudge this forward?

I'm especially dismayed that the API has no way to access the metadata about links between content. I know Confluence stores this under the hood in the database somewhere, but without access to it writing clever macros operating on page relationships is almost impossible.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events