How to access confluence pages in enterprise web applications?

Ashish Kateryar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 16, 2024

We maintain a lot of product specific documentation in confluence and a few of these could be used by our users to gain more insight into product features and can serve as user guide.

How to make such specific pages accessible in our web application built using Angular?

I figured that confluence supports API based querying of data through incoming application links but the documentation is very abstract and doesn't help with step by step setup and configuration. 

Any help with documentation/approach or samples would be highly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Kristian Klima
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2024

Hi @Ashish Kateryar and welcome to the community

Other than using Confluence API to use the content of your Confluence in your app...

• For a couple of individual pages, use public links. You can share a page even from a space that's not available for anonymous access. You can then simply figure out how to use that page in your Angular app.
  • Other than that, you can export selected pages in XML/HTML format and, again, incorporate that into your Angular app. But that would have to be done every time you update a page.
Ashish Kateryar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 21, 2024

Hey Kristian, thank you!
Thank you for the response, however in our case both of these solutions are a no-go.

• We can't use public links because we do not want these document to be accessed by anybody but our clients. Public links run the risk of being used by unauthorized persons.
  • As you pointed out exporting involves a manual process every time there is a change and also the formatting is completely ruined in the export.

I think the best bet is to use the APIs and develop the template to feed in the data. That is what I am looking for, if I can get a sample or documentation in this regard.

Like Kristian Klima likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events