How to UNsubscribe from a Confluence calendar that has been added to Google Calendar?

Randy Roosekrans December 13, 2017

Awhile ago I subscribed to my workspace's Confluence calendar where everyone sets their PTO and OoO dates. I did so using these instructions, and it worked great because I can now see those events at the top of my Google Calendar; see screenshot.

Calendar Subscription.png

Our company has since begun using a different method for tracking these events, so now I want to unsubscribe from the Confluence calendar so that none of those types of events appear at the top of my calendar.

I do not see any way to reverse the subscription. Any suggestions?

Thanks much,
Randy

1 answer

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2017

Hi Randy,

In Google Calendar, you can find the name of the calendar on the bottom left-hand side of your screen. Hover over it, select the menu that's three stacked dots, and click Settings. On this page, if you scroll down on the right-hand side, there will be an option to remove the calendar and unsubscribe from it.

Can you try that and let us know if you have any trouble?

Regards,

Shannon

Randy Roosekrans December 26, 2017

Hi, Shannon, 

Sorry for the delayed reply; I've been out of town on vacation. Thank you very much for your reply. I see and understand the solution that you are suggesting, and that approach does work for all subscribed calendars in my list. However, none of my subscribed calendars in that list (consisting mostly of my coworkers' calendars) appears to be associated with the unwanted calendar notifications. 

Even when none of my subscribed calendars are selected, the calendar notices in question still appear at the top of my personal calendar. In fact, the only way that I can hide those unwanted notifications is if I turn off my personal calendar. This would imply that those notifications have somehow become integrated with my personal calendar. Strange, eh?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2017

Hi Randy,

Apologies; I was unaware you were looking to get rid of unwanted notifications.

Where exactly are you seeing these notifications, in Google, or are you receiving them in your email? Can you show me an example of one?

Regards,

Shannon

Randy Roosekrans December 27, 2017

Hi, Shannon,

I suspect that I'm using the wrong word in "notifications," as I'm not referring to pop-ups or emails. As displayed in the screenshot of my initial post and also below, I am trying to unsubscribe from the events (in yellow) that appear at the top of my calendar. As you can see from the below screenshot, when I click on one of the events and it shows the quick-view modal presented by the new Google Calendar UI, the event shows that it is an event on my personal calendar (red box) even though it is clearly from someone else's calendar (green box). 

Modal View.png

This is truly only a non-priority nuisance, and I feel bad that you've spent even this much time in trying to help troubleshoot the issue! 

If the issue is still unclear or if there is no obvious solution, then I propose we just close this ticket as it's really not impeding my work in any way. 

Thanks again,
Randy

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
December 27, 2017

Do you see any other calendars under My Calendars or Other Calendars that are that color yellow? It would give you a hint as to what is causing those events to display.

At any rate I don't believe this is a Team Calendar behavior and more a Google Calendar behavior. As I am testing this on my own Team Calendar and Google Calendar I'm not able to replicate the behavior where it sticks even after the calendar is removed from Google.

Shannon

Randy Roosekrans December 27, 2017

There is one other calendar (a coworker's) who shares the yellow color, but his calendar events display/disappear as expected when his calendar is selected/deselected.

I suspect that you are correct that this is a Google Calendar issue that just happens to have initiated from a Team Calendar module. I might someday inquire with Google about it, but I likely won't receive a punctual reply - if any reply at all - for what appears to be a low-impact, single-user issue. 

Thanks again for your assistance. Feel free to close out this ticket. 

Randy

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
December 27, 2017

No worries, Randy!

We can leave this open in case anyone else has any ideas, or if you end up finding out how to resolve it, you can post it here.

Regards,

Shannon

Anja Kienzler March 27, 2018

+ 1

I´ve the same issue as Randy but with Outlook (ticket: Detach Jira Calendar from Outlook)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events