Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Remove/fix automatic vertical scrollbar on tables

preeti arun September 24, 2021

How to Remove/fix automatic vertical scrollbar on tables. I would like to keep my table view static and scrollable through page vertical scrollbar.

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2021

Hi @preeti arun ,

We can suggest trying our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app and its Table Filter macro.

The macro allows you to freeze first N rows/columns and specify the table height - so your headers, for example, will be always sticky and you'll get a vertical scroll bar.

Or you may also use pagination - this feature is also provided by the Table Filter macro. You can choose how many rows you want to display at once and your big table will be automatically adjusted to look neat and easy-to-read.

preeti arun September 27, 2021

I have used table filter for a  sticky header but I don't want vertical scroll bar (for table). I would like to show all the table rows per page.

I did try pagination option , I am able to show the entire table rows per page (with vertical scroll bar) but I am not getting sticky header. If we are providing the value for rows to be freeze pagination option is ignored and I see vertical scroll bar for viewing the all rows of table.

Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2021

That is a correct behavior for the macro - I think I've misunderstood your original post. The case is to make big tables smaller and easy-to-read. But if you don't need vertical scrollbars, your should set the table height as a really big number or not to use any macros at all.

Like preeti arun likes this
0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2021

Hi @preeti arun can you please share a screenshot of what vertical scrollbars are you seeing on tables ? On confluence server, you can choose Fixed width mode if you want to drag column borders to set width. Columns appear at your set size, regardless of content and window size.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events