How to Prevent Personal Spaces Appearing in the Global Dashboard

Megan McKelvey April 23, 2021

For some reason, a user's personal space is showing up on our global dashboard. How can I prevent this from happening? We are currently using the free version of Confluence Cloud, so I'm unable to set permissions. Are there any workarounds? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2021

Hi @Megan McKelvey ðŸ‘‹

Welcome to the Community! Unfortunately to hide personal spaces they do require permissions to be set by the space admin. I would direct you to Atlassian's Confluence support resources on using spaces to organise work and creating a personal space/permissions.

I've also checked the marketplace for any third party Apps that could help but these focus more on pages rather than spaces, see here.

If permissions are key the best option would be to consider a standard Confluence plan for your team.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

All the best,

Laura

Hi Laura - thanks for your help. We are planning on upgrading to a Standard plan, but have not made the change yet. 

Is it possible that the Global Dashboard is showing my recently visited spaces? I tested visiting another user's profile and now it's showing up in the Spaces section. I'm guessing I can prevent this with permissions and whatnot once we upgrade, but I'm trying to understand if that's happening. I'm just not sure why it's now appearing in Spaces rather than under Recent spaces visited. 

Thanks, 

Megan 

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2021

Hey Megan, it is possible and sounds very likely the Global Dashboard is showing your recently visited spaces within the Spaces section which with the addition of permissions you can customise this so it won't flag on the Global Dashboard if you don't have permission to view it.

Here's the pricing plan comparison so you can see what the standard plan provides: https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/pricing

As for your conundrum, is anything showing in recently visited spaces for you?

All the best,

Laura

Like • # people like this

Thanks for your help, Laura! I will plan on fixing this issue after we upgrade. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 23, 2021

No worries, if you have any other questions at any point just ask away 😃

Have a great weekend as soon as it gets here!

P.S. If you'd like to help others find this solution easily you can do this by accepting the answer above 😃

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events