Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Fix an Export to PDF Error on Confluence?

Gretchen Kittelberger September 30, 2018

When I try to export a page to a PDF on Confluence I am getting an error that says "An error occurred. Check your log files."

I was able to export pages to PDF fine two days ago and today it just stopped working. We have not added or changed anything in confluence since it was working.  

I do not know what the log files are and I will not be able to understand them even if I am able to get to them (I have tried googling how to get to them and I cannot seem to find them anyway). So I am looking for a simpler solution. 

Ideally trying to get things exported today to print as I need them for an event I am leaving for tomorrow. 

Any help is appreciated. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2018

I'm afraid we can't begin to work out what the problem is without the errors in the logs.  There is no "simpler solution", you need to read the logs for the basic information on what went wrong.

Look at Admin -> System information - this will include a line about where your log files are and what the main application log file is called.  You'll need to read that for the time you tried the export (and, yes, they're hard to read, but a lot of us here do know how to read them, and can help with that part of it)

I can't find anything that says System Administration. Below are the options I have. Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 1.22.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-30 at 1.25.58 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-30 at 1.25.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-30 at 1.25.38 PM.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2018

Ah, ok, you are on "Cloud", so you don't have system info or access to logs.

You'll need to raise this with Atlassian Cloud support over at https://support.atlassian.com/contact

ok Thank you! 

Dharma Teja {Appfire} February 18, 2020

Hi @Gretchen Kittelberger/@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-

I need your help on export to pdf functionality. Where i am getting Access denied on my downloaded pdf page. Please help me on this. I am trying in Confluence Cloud.

The export to pdf is calling a rest url of cloud like this "wiki/spaces/flyingpdf/pdfpageexport.action?pageId=1562626&unmatched-route=true" . My question is is this URL will display the body of the page on pdf. Can you please help me on this.

Screenshot 2020-02-19 at 10.10.53 AM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events