How to 'Expand All' on confluence pages?

Sam
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2022

How can I 'expand all content' on a confluence page, vs clicking on each and every one of the expand/collapse arrows?  

I spend more time clicking to expand page sections than I spend on reading/absorbing the content of the page, which is inefficient and frustrating when trying to quickly ramp up in a new role. 

3 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2022

Hi @Sam 

On the Feature request page, there is work around by a user "Paul streng". You might want to check on that. I am a server user , so i have not tested it so not sure if it will work.

Thanks,

Srinath T

Sam
Atlassian Team
April 25, 2022

Thanks @sri.  Will do 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
April 22, 2022

Hi @Sam ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

If you are on confluence server then below thread has some solution for you .

But looks like you are on cloud and in cloud there is no solution yet. But we do have feature request raised for the issue. You might want to vote on the same to include this feature in upcoming releases. 

Have a good weekend. !

Thanks,

Srinath T

Sam
Atlassian Team
April 25, 2022

Thanks @Srinatha T 

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
April 25, 2022

@Sam . Have a good day!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Randy Sage (Consultant) August 18, 2023

On Confluence Cloud, one workaround (for users with edit access) is to view the Edit version of the page, which expands everything. 

I tried expanding dozens of things and could not find the text that the search box told me was on the page, so I tried a number of things and finally clicking on edit shows all of the text in its expanded form.  Now I'm able to use the find feature to find what I'm looking for.

Sam
Atlassian Team
August 29, 2023

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events