How to Display Bugs from Bugzilla in Confluence

Srinivas Prasad September 27, 2015

Hi,

I want my Confluence home page to display bugs from Bugzilla. Is there a specific macro plug-in for this, or a script that I can run? 

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Regards,
Srini

2 answers

1 vote
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2016

I have developed a Bugzilla connector that makes REST calls to a Bugzilla 5.x server, plus a set of macros to enter bug links, or display a list of search results in a table. If you are interested to learn more, let me know.

HIS eG August 22, 2016

Hi Bill!

I just found your answer via Google search and i am very intererested in your bugzilla connector for confluence. Can you tell me more about it? 

Regards!

Stefan

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2016

Hello Stefan,

It is a two-part solution. I have a plugin that builds a REST connection to a Bugzilla instance (set in the admin console). REST calls are returned as Java objects that are available in the Velocity context. Then I have a set of user macro:

• Bug link, that can display one or more bugs from a list as a set of links. Mouse-over on the link displays a bug summary, or the summary can be displayed inline after the bug link. Bug link decoration based on whether the bug is new, resolved, etc.
  • Table lsting user-selectable values for a list of bugs.
  • Table similar to above based on a Bugzilla search query.

The way it is structured, anyone familiar with Velocity could create their own macros for custom application. For example, I have a customer who stores release note data in Bugzilla. That information can now be brought in to Confluence, properly formatted for output to PDF release notes, all from a single macro with a search string. It greatly simplified their release-note process.

I don't have a publicly accessible demo site set up yet (too busy solving customer issues wink ), but  you can contact me through my website www.marketcomllc.com if you want more info.

HIS eG August 23, 2016

Hi Bill!

Thanks for your reply. I tried to open your website, but it seems that your server is down...

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2015

Take a look at this page: https://www.cloudpipes.com/integrations/bugzilla/confluence It seems to provide some integration.

-- Pedro

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events