How to Display Bugs from Bugzilla in Confluence

Hi,

I want my Confluence home page to display bugs from Bugzilla. Is there a specific macro plug-in for this, or a script that I can run? 

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Regards,
Srini

2 answers

I have developed a Bugzilla connector that makes REST calls to a Bugzilla 5.x server, plus a set of macros to enter bug links, or display a list of search results in a table. If you are interested to learn more, let me know.

Hi Bill!

I just found your answer via Google search and i am very intererested in your bugzilla connector for confluence. Can you tell me more about it? 

Regards!

Stefan

Hello Stefan,

It is a two-part solution. I have a plugin that builds a REST connection to a Bugzilla instance (set in the admin console). REST calls are returned as Java objects that are available in the Velocity context. Then I have a set of user macro:

• Bug link, that can display one or more bugs from a list as a set of links. Mouse-over on the link displays a bug summary, or the summary can be displayed inline after the bug link. Bug link decoration based on whether the bug is new, resolved, etc.
  • Table lsting user-selectable values for a list of bugs.
  • Table similar to above based on a Bugzilla search query.

The way it is structured, anyone familiar with Velocity could create their own macros for custom application. For example, I have a customer who stores release note data in Bugzilla. That information can now be brought in to Confluence, properly formatted for output to PDF release notes, all from a single macro with a search string. It greatly simplified their release-note process.

I don't have a publicly accessible demo site set up yet (too busy solving customer issues wink ), but  you can contact me through my website www.marketcomllc.com if you want more info.

Hi Bill!

Thanks for your reply. I tried to open your website, but it seems that your server is down...

0 vote
Pedro Cora Atlassian Team Sep 28, 2015

Take a look at this page: https://www.cloudpipes.com/integrations/bugzilla/confluence It seems to provide some integration.

-- Pedro

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

273 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you